Well, if you read my post at the end of August you know I purchased a Jarbridge underquilt from Arrowhead Equipment. Today was the first opportunity I had to actually put it up under the hammock and test it out for a bit. I prefer down to synthetic but I think this is a very nice UQ.
I need to spend a little more time tweaking and and getting it to cinch up properly. One of the things I noticed is that it wasn’t mating up with the top edge of the hammock. If my knee was bent and pressed against the material it would be exposed as the UQ wasn’t coming up high enough. I think I just need to take more slack out of the suspension lines and I’ll be ok.
The skeeters were bad and I didn’t feel like putting the netting down so I didn’t spend a lot of time fiddling. I will say that it quickly knocked off the coolness on my back that I felt laying in the hammock without it. I’m looking forward to the next cold night so I can get some more real exposure experience with it.
Sorry for the blur. I only have a 10 sec timer and the hammock would swing when I got in it. I guess I didn’t dampen it enough before I ran out of time. 🙁