Post to Twitter

About noon Aaron made it to my spot. About the same time I was coordinating an evacuation with our re-supply man. The wx reports aren’t promising so we have decided to pull the plug.

Right now we are back at Beech Gap. We’ll rest here until morning and hike the remaining 5 or so miles back to Deep Gap for extraction.

It’s not optimal but I think it’s the best choice. We’re basically sitting a cloud. There’s no chance of anything drying out so we risk hypothermia the longer we stay out here like this.

I just had a great brunch of mashed potatoes, fried Spam, and coffee. I’m feeling good. Just have to stay warm!

Guess I’ll close this out tomorrow.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *